2011+ | Duramax | Bolt on Duramax Traction Bar Weld It kit | Hot Street Rod Ends | 201041
Nearly every Duramax has a wheel hop issue right off of the factory floor. Even under stock power levels this wheel hopping can cause extremely costly repairs, including broken driveshafts, broken axle pinion yokes, premature u-joint failure and wearing of suspension components. On top of these issues anytime the wheel hops, it is not touching the pavement. If it is not touching the pavement, you’re not getting traction!
At Longhorn Fab Shop we listened to our customers’ demands and have created a simple, cost effective solution to the problem. Our traction bars are affordable enough for the daily driver truck, yet strong enough for dedicated sled pullers and drag racers. Whether you drive your truck to watch the competition, or trailer it in because you ARE the competition you’ll love the strength, design, adjustability, and ease of installation.
- Massive 2” steel bars are HEAVY DUTY
- Front frame brackets get bolted to the frame using through bolts.
- Installs with simple hand tools.
- All Grade 8 hardware.
- All brackets are laser cut and CNC bent to guarantee a perfect fit every time.
- Turnbuckle design allows for easy alignment of rod ends and brackets.
- Completely adjustable for suspension pre-loading without removing the bars.
- Lifetime warranty against bending.
- Welder or a friend who has one
- 1.5" Sch 80 A36 Structural Pipe OR tube with ID larger than 1.500" and OD smaller than 2.250"
- Tube/Pipe should be 63.5" for short bed or 77.5" for long bed.
- Rods ends are 1-1/4"-12 Thread (2 left hand and 2 right hand)
- Overall diameter of weld in bung is 2"
- Part that slide into the tube/pipe is 1.470"
Hot Street Rod Ends:
- Better—Mid Grade
- Forged, Machined, Tighter Tolerance Rod End
- Requires Lubrication
Professional Grade Brackets:
- Street/Racing/Sled Pulling
- Fully Boxed Design
- Lifetime warranty against bending