2011+ | Duramax | Bolt on Duramax Traction Bar Weld It Kit | Standard Grade Rod Ends | 201040
Nearly every Duramax has a wheel hop issue right off of the factory floor. Even under stock power levels this wheel hopping can cause extremely costly repairs, including broken driveshafts, broken axle pinion yokes, premature u-joint failure and wearing of suspension components. On top of these issues anytime the wheel hops, it is not touching the pavement. If it is not touching the pavement, you’re not getting traction!
At Longhorn Fab Shop we listened to our customers’ demands and have created a simple, cost effective solution to the problem. Our traction bars are affordable enough for the daily driver truck, yet strong enough for dedicated sled pullers and drag racers. Whether you drive your truck to watch the competition, or trailer it in because you ARE the competition you’ll love the strength, design, adjustability, and ease of installation.
- Front frame brackets get bolted to the frame using through bolts.
- Installs with simple hand tools.
- All Grade 8 hardware.
- All brackets are laser cut and CNC bent to guarantee a perfect fit every time.
- Turnbuckle design allows for easy alignment of rod ends and brackets.
- Completely adjustable for suspension pre-loading without removing the bars.
- Includes weld in bungs, brackets, and rod ends.
- You just supply the bars and weld it together.
- Welder or a friend who has one
- 1.5" Sch 40 A36 Structural Pipe OR tube with ID larger than 1.590" and OD smaller than 2.250"
- Tube/Pipe should be 63.5" for short bed or 77.5" for long bed.
- Rods ends are 1-1/8"-7 Thread (2 left hand and 2 right hand)
- Part of weld in bung that slips into tube/pipe is 1.580" in diameter
- Overall diameter of weld in bung is 2"
Standard Grade Rod Ends:
- Good—Economy Grade
- Forged Rod End
- Requires Lubrication
Professional Grade Brackets:
- Street/Racing/Sled Pulling
- Fully Boxed Design