Nearly every truck has a wheel hop issue right off of the factory floor. Even under stock power levels this wheel hopping can cause extremely costly repairs, including broken driveshafts, broken axle pinion yokes, premature u-joint failure and wearing of suspension components. On top of these issues anytime the wheel hops, it is not touching the pavement. If it is not touching the pavement, you’re not getting traction!
At Longhorn Fab Shop we listened to our customers’ demands and have created a simple, cost effective solution to the problem. Our traction bars are affordable enough for the daily driver truck, yet strong enough for dedicated sled pullers and drag racers. Whether you drive your truck to watch the competition, or trailer it in because you ARE the competition you’ll love the strength, design, adjustability, and ease of installation.
- Unversal axle tabs (Welding Required)
- Front Frame Brackets
- Grade 8 Hardware
- Standard Grade Rod Ends (heim joints)
- Weld-In Threaded Bungs (Welding Required)
- All brackets are laser cut and CNC bent to guarantee a perfect fit every time.
- Turnbuckle design allows for easy alignment of heim joints and brackets.
- Completely adjustable for suspension preloading without removing the bars.
- Welder or a friend who has one
- 1.5" Sch 40 A36 Structural Pipe OR tube with ID larger than 1.590" and OD smaller than 2.250"
- Tube/Pipe should be 63.5" for short bed or 77.5" for long bed.
- Rods ends are 1-1/8"-7 Thread (2 left hand and 2 right hand)
- Part of weld in bung that slips into tube/pipe is 1.580" in diameter
- Overall diameter of weld in bung is 2"
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I got my traction bar kit in the mail very quick and opened it up to find everything there which was great. Quality seems to be pretty good for the price. Only thing I didn't care for is my frame brackets were scratched up but nothing a rattle can can't fix. Can't wait to get it on my truck